The parameters determining the Anilox specifications for the perfect ink transfer, are:
- Type of ink – or even coating – you are using (water-based, UV, solvent-based, …)
- Viscosity of the ink
- The machine type & speed
- Substrate (paper, foil, PP, PPE, corrugated board, …)
- Plate types & screen, this may vary between 18 l/cm (45 lpi) and 90 l/cm (230 lpi)
- The Minimum Dot Percentage (1% – 2% – 3% – 5% – 10%)
- The engraving pattern of your choice: Conventional Anilox rolls (Hexagonal, TriHelical, LongCell, Positive, etc) or Advanced GTT.